1. Read and discuss Food in Chinese Culture by K.C. Chang.
2. Watch: Exploring China: A Culinary Adventure-Beijing; or Exploring China: A Culinary Adventure-Guangzhou (Canton) and Taiwan and a sample of what your food project video/still photos should look like China Cooks.
If you are interested in other Chinese cooking series, see:
- A Bite of China documentary series on Youtube. This part which focuses on The Harmonization of Flavors.
1. Plan with partners for food preparations
Work on final project introduction
1. Food presentations will be done both days. Be ready to present your food and your background/presentation for the dish. Here are the directions for the project. Here are three sample projects:
2. Be sure your presentation is shared with the class via a comment to this post. In your Google Doc, choose the setting that says “Share with anyone who has the Link.”