You will be responsible for two weeks of coverage during the semester for current events in China. The sign-up doc is here. You will share this responsibility with one or two other students. Use the following format for your post:
- Your comment subject should be: Week “X” and a 2-3 word title; Be sure to include your first name and last initial. No duplicates allowed. Once a topic has been addressed/posted you must choose a different one. There are plenty of things going on in China!
- A link to your article or bibliographic entry if only in print;
- A one paragraph synopsis of your current event;
- What is the controversy? Who is on the various sides of the issue?
- A reflection/discussion question surrounding your article;
- A link or two to background information to better assist in understanding the current event;
- (2nd quarter only) In what ways can you connect this event with course content? Is there a historical period that helps explain why this is likely happening?
These are each worth 25 points.
Possible starting sources:
1. Wall Street Journal | 2. Want China | 3. Shanghai Daily | 4. People’s Republic Daily | 5. Beijing Review | 6. All China Women’s Federation | 7. China-Tibet online | 8. National Congress of the Communist Party | 9. New York Times |
10. South China Morning Post | 11. Inside China | 12. The Hong-Kong Standard |
13. CCTV News | 14. Google News feed | 15. Hao Hao Report